What is VoIP?
VoIP stands for “Voice Over Internet Protocol“, and basically means that your phone calls are placed over the internet, rather than traditional desk phone or office phone lines.
Unlike traditional business phone systems that force you to use a phone at a specific place using a specific device, with a business VoIP phone system you’re empowered to use some advanced features like:
- Make/receive calls anywhere there’s internet
- Call from a variety of devices (such as your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer).
- Use the same business phone number anywhere (at home, on the road, or in the office) for both making and receiving calls.
- …and many other benefits.
Cloud VoIP vs. On-Premise VoIP
What is Cloud-Based VoIP?
Cloud-based VoIP is hosted at your VoIP provider’s data center, rather than at your location. Also known as a cloud phone system or off-site VoIP, it means that your business doesn’t have to manage any phone system hardware (specifically a “PBX”).
To get a bit more technical, cloud VoIP combines the services of a traditional phone system (or PBX) and those of a local/long distance phone service provider, connecting them to hardware that is in highly secure, redundantly powered, geographically diverse data centers, instead of being located at your office. Intulse is a cloud-based phone system and service.
What is On-Premise VoIP?
On-premise business VoIP means the PBX and phone system hardware is on-site at your physical business location.
WHICH IS BETTER
Which is Better: Cloud-Based or On-Premise VoIP?
- Cloud VoIP is cheaper. Our VoIP service costs much less to set up than a traditional on-premise phone system. In many cases, there are minimal setup fees for an Intulse hosted VoIP system.
- There’s no system hardware to buy. Hosted VoIP phone systems fall under operational expenditure rather than capital expenditure. That’s very attractive to many organizations (including small businesses and nonprofits). In fact, even the physical phones are optional hardware with Intulse.
- There’s no system hardware to set up, maintain, or upgrade. Our experts do that work for you. You don’t need to worry about becoming a telecom or VoIP expert in order to get VoIP up and running quickly and accurately.
You’re probably already familiar with many similar technologies that allow you to use both voice communication and video conferencing on your favorite devices.
In much the same way, Intulse’s VoIP phone solutions harness the power of high-speed internet (which your business likely already has) and the latest technology advancements to deliver secure, reliable unified communication tools for both small and large businesses.
Plus, it’s delivered with smart, budget-friendly VoIP pricing.
Reliable. Efficient. Powerful.